To promote the preservation of the historic, archaeological, and environmental resources of Mason Neck and to educate the community, and the public in general, about the unique resources of Mason Neck.
Membership is now dues-free to all Mason Neck Residents
UPCOMING MEETING and ELECTION
Dear Mason Neck Neighbors
The MNCA Board of Directors thanks you for your support. Our Annual Meeting is coming up - we hope to see you in person on Wednesday, June 1 at 7 p.m. at Gunston Hall. All residents are welcome – meet your neighbors and hear from Dominion Power representatives!!
Over the past two years, while we’ve not been able to meet in person, the Board has remained very active, ensuring Mason Neck remains the unique haven that we all love.
Here are a few of our activities over the past 24 months:
- Convened a virtual summit with law enforcement entities from all areas across jurisdictional boundaries, resulting in familiarity with our overall Mason Neck landscape;
- Hosted/participated in three virtual meetings with Dominion Power to address continued outages
- Hosted two meetings with Meadowood staff to discuss Pavilion project, issuing a formal resolution supporting the project but not the location;
- Convened a virtual community meeting to discuss the new fire station location and solicited community feedback for its design;
- Hosted/convened several meetings with VDOT and other State officials to resolve the Old Colchester Road bridge outage;
- Our Board members attend and actively participate in South County Federation meetings, keeping up with County activities that affect our residents, such as the indoor ski slope, new business openings, new library and community center and new police station and animal shelter;
- Cleared several sections of the Gunston Road multi-use trail during the winter to ensure residents free passage;
- Provided countless updates for a variety of community interests via emails from the Mason Neck Listserv, such as power loss updates, traffic issues, Park events, extreme weather conditions, and missing/found pet updates; and,
- Maintain the Mason Neck Facebook page, providing timely updates via social media.
Our Board members are also active with other volunteer organizations, such as serving on the Mason Neck State Park and Meadowood “Friends” groups, Mason Neck Lions Club, South County Federation, Lorton Community Action Center (LCAC), various neighborhood groups such as Harborview, Hallowing Point, and Harley Road, and local equestrian/hiking/birding/cycling groups. We are well-rounded! Our board members are the eyes and ears of our community, and we all appreciate their time and dedication.
Our June 1 meeting with Dominion Power would normally be our annual election meeting. Although there are no contested positions, please review the Statements of Candidates here.
MNCA Needs Your Support — DONATE ONLINE
Mason Neck Citizens Association relies on members of our community to support our efforts. Please consider making a one-time or montly recurring donation.